Job Title: Desktop Virtualization Solutions Architect
Location: Dallas, TX or San Jose, CA
Duration: 1+ year
The Desktop Virtualization Solutions Architect provides technical and business consultative support within Cisco’s Advanced Services organization during the pre-sales and post-sales cycle. Will provide technical leadership for specific Cisco data center products in order to engage the customer or execute an engagement. Works closely with Sales and Data Center Program Manager and other Advanced Services personnel in order to deliver the best solution for the customer.
* Understand the current and future requirements of customer business needs/requirements and, based on that understanding, formulate and execute an overarching end-user compute strategy with specific and detailed actions to evangelize the products, platforms and technologies leading to customer-specific solutions and the value they bring in solving business problems. This may include quantifying customer return-on-investment (ROI) for proposed solutions.
* Working with other Advanced Services personnel, own and execute desktop virtualization service opportunities in assigned accounts.
* Understand the Cisco data center technology roadmap and alignment to market orientations and future opportunities. Create, manage, and own activity of selling business value to CxO-level and business heads.
* Conduct one-to-many presentations, demonstrations, and proof-of-concepts.
* Understand the customer’s business domains (Finance/Insurance/BFSI/Legal, etc.) enough to help provide innovative business solutions for the opportunity.
* Support the desktop virtualization implementation lifecycle, including requirements mapping, design, pilot, and deployment phases.
* Develop detailed desktop virtualization solution designs encompassing hardware, software, management, physical design, deployment, and operational design requirements.
* Deliver solutions that factor in system performance, usability, quality, cross-system interdependencies, scalability, and overall cost to develop and maintain (TCO).
* Knowledge of major desktop virtualization platforms and components, including VMware vSphere, View and ThinApp, Citrix XenServer, XenDesktop and XenApp, Microsoft Hyper-V, AppSense user virtualization tools, Liquidware Labs and Lakeside Software assessment and monitoring tools, Atlantis Computing ILIO.
* Knowledge of enterprise operational standards and processes, including change management, capacity management, and SLA management.
* Expertise using design and project management tools, including Microsoft Project and Visio.
* Experience analyzing, developing, deploying, and supporting solutions in large-scale enterprise environments.
* Familiarity with desktop engineering concepts, including application packaging, Active Directory GPOs, automation, and migration.
* Ability to utilize knowledge of Cisco and data center industry business application, competitive solution offerings and best practices to effectively to maximize growth of Cisco’s revenue and market share.
* Clear understanding of Cisco’s product and advanced services offerings and value proposition.
* Excellent written, verbal and formal presentation skills to audiences ranging from technical implementers through CTO/CIO levels.
* Ability to conduct effective business meetings, negotiations, and to influence executive decision-makers.
* Broad-based understanding of enterprise application, computer and storage systems technology and architectures.
* Typically requires a BS in technical field or equivalent plus 7-10 years industry experience.
* Experience working with customers in technical pre-sales and post-sales roles.
* Ability to effectively communicate IT business solutions to technical and non-technical audiences.
* Strong written and verbal skills with ability to develop effective presentations and customer-facing documentation.
Please e-mail Virender Singh at